You are here

Sharing Ideas Builds Community

I find myself so often telling clients that the most important thing they can do is to share ideas with other experts in their field. Partially, I say this because the internet is “word of mouth” and is the most powerful grassroots tool available. I also say this because as they read, share and interact with their peers and competitors, they provide the most valuable content and knowledge available to their clients. As I have been saying a lot lately, only 20% of what you talk about should be marketing your product, the other 80% should be sharing your knowledge…because that is how you ultimately sell your product and better your community.

The most important reason to do this is exactly what is shared in this video, and my hope is that we are all Social Entrepreneurs at heart! 

Val Neumark Mickela - director of strategic initiatives & education, founder, headshot

Val Neumark

Val is a brand strategist, educator, facilitator and coach focused on co-designing more relational communications strategies to transform our systems. Through partnerships and collaborations, Val hopes these anti-racist, anti-oppressive spaces and tools will more effectively facilitate connection, strategic-thinking, community building and sustainable growth for non-profits and social impact organizations.

Val has a Bachelor's Degree in Visual Arts & Media from University of California, San Diego, a Master's Degree in Education from Pepperdine University, and was a 2016 recipient of Pepperdine University's inaugural 40 under 40 Award. In their free time Val plays soccer, loves to hike, and both read and practice karate with their kid.