It's time for a fresh roundup of resources, curated from our community conversations. This series highlights thought-provoking articles, clever strategies and helpful tools on a monthly basis to keep your team up to date with the latest!
Get resources in real-time & join the conversation on our community Slack channel.
- “We have been told relentlessly that joy is not ours to have. But we are reclaiming it, and reshaping it in our own image. We are the ones who are creating and defining the spaces in which joy is at the heart.” - Pop Culture Collaborative CEO, Bridgit Antoinette Evans | Read more: https://popcollab.org/joy-is-an-act-of-resistance
- From her research and travels across the US, Heather C. McGhee shares startling insights into how racism fuels bad policymaking and drains our economic potential—and offers a crucial rethink on what we can do to create a more prosperous nation for all. Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaCrsBtiYA4
- "I am the last person I can imagine who could ever have a bias against women leaders and yet, I had to realize... I have a bias against women leaders." In this enlightening TEDx Talk, Kristen Pressner shares how we can recognize our own hidden, irrational biases and keep them from limiting us. Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq_xYSOZrgU
- Go behind the scenes of ethical storytelling and effective nonprofit communications with Amy Costello and Freddie Boswell in this free webinar from Non-profit Quarterly. Watch here: https://nonprofitquarterly.org/ethical-storytelling-for-nonprofits-and-philanthropy
- "Beauty and aesthetics draw the audience in before they realize they have just got punched in the guts with heavy subject matters." - Tiffang Chung, via Japan Foundation Asia Center, on her thought-provoking maps | Read more: https://jfac.jp/en/culture/features/asiahundreds-tiffany-chung/3/
- In this Q&A, Leah Thomas (founder of The Intersectional Environmentalist) chats with Al Gore (former Vice President and founder of Climate Reality) about all things climate justice. Watch here: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CRuKrf8gPuq
- "Our strength to continue to push for a better future comes from the ability to take care of ourselves mentally and physically." - Sam Chavez via Knurdology | Progressive Marketing | Read more: https://knurdology.substack.com/p/activism-mental-health
- Paige of Philanthropy University shares 3 must-have stories for social impact organizations to build community, strengthen relationships, or cultivate understanding. Read more: https://philanthropyu.org/the-art-of-storytelling-3-must-have-stories-for-any-social-impact-organization
- "I’ve started losing patience with the white moderate fundraisers in our sector who continue to be in denial about the harm our existing fundraising practices cause, and who continue to prioritize getting along, making donors happy, and raising as much money as possible, over equity and justice." - Vu Le | Read more: https://nonprofitaf.com/2021/08/common-arguments-used-against-community-centric-fundraising-and-why-they-dont-hold-water/
- Shout-out to Global Press Journal for making their style guide available online, where everyone (not just reporters) can benefit from its community-based insight. Read more: https://globalpressjournal.com/style-guide
Do you have a resource you'd like to share with our community?
Simply reply to this email or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org!