On April 10th, two of our founders, Valerie Neumark and Andrew Goldsworthy present their session on Design Strategies: Our Process for Building User-centered Websites. Below is a little bit about their session as well as the slides and links to resources they discuss.
Slide Deck • Sample Audience to Persona Spreadsheets • Stakeholder Interviews
Color Theory • Fonts & Typography • Google Analytics
Designing a website can be a very complicated process with a lot of stages depending on the size of the site you are building. But with a user-centered strategy, grounded in best practices, you will be set-up for success.
In this session, we will guide you through the strategies we use and the basic steps needed for a clean, user-friendly website that is based in user research and design best practices.
What we'll cover:
- Defining Audiences (based on real people you know directly or indirectly)
- User Surveys
- Using Data to Understand Users
- Developing Personas
- Identifying Motivations
- Designing Persona-based Information Architecture
- Developing User Workflows & Predicting User Interactions
- Interviewing Stakeholders & Testing Assumptions
- Optimizing for Drupal Functionalities
- Design Best Practices
- Current Trends vs. Universal Constants
- Design Hand-off
- Tips and Tools for a Smooth Transition to Development